Monday, July 12, 2010

Benefit Tells You To Stay Put

Awhile ago, I blogged about the newest  mini kit from Benefit, The Stay Put set ($10). They say it's a retail value of $35, but I have no idea where they got that number. I think $10 is the right price. My kit has been sitting around for awhile since I got it in the mail, but I finally took the time to try the pieces out. The set comes with deluxe sample sizes of the Stray Don't Stray eye primer, Erase Paste concealer in medium, and a creaseless cream shadow in RSVP.


The packaging is much like the old mini Benefit set, with the products neatly tucked away in a cardboard box.

Stay Don't Stray eye primer

Erase Paste concealer in Medium

Creaseless Cream Shadow in RSVP
Swatches L-R: Stay Don't Stray, Erase Paste, RSVP

Stay Don't Stray: This is yet another primer much like UDPP. It's basically the same color and texture. However, I was not very impressed with this because I did see some creasing and fading throughout the day.

Erase Paste in Medium: BLEH. I was really looking foward to this one after seeing some good reviews. Usually I'm a fan of thicker consistency concealers because usually it means better coverage, however, the texture of this one was just plain sticky and hard to blend. Also, the color is way too pink. I thought the pink/salmon tone might lend as a better color corrector, but the hue looked much too pink and didn't match my skin tone. YUCK.

Creaseless cream shadow in RSVP: This isn't anything special. It's a shimmery champagne-skin tone shade. Like other Benefit cream shadows I own, they don't work great as a shadow, but better as a base.

This is a good little kit to try out before committing to full sizes, because I definitly will NOT be getting these in big mama size. Overall, I was disappointed and will shove these little pieces in the back of the drawer to play around with when I'm bored out of my mind.

P.S. Benefit also released a new value set on Sephora: 


It's called the Beauty in the Box kit ($48) and includes:

- 0.34 oz Full-Sized Some Kind-A Gorgeous The Foundation Faker
- 0.37 oz Full-Sized "That Gal" Brightening Face Primer
- 0.09 oz Deluxe Mini Stay Don't Stray Stay-Put Primer For Concealers & Eyeshadows
- 0.25 oz Deluxe Mini Erase Paste 02 Medium Brightening Camouflage For Eyes & Face

 I already know the minis are a fail for me. I've also tried "That Gal" and hated it. I own Some-Kind-a Gorgeous, and I don't like it either. This kit isn't for me but some might like =)

3 comments:

  1. I got this $10 kit and I was so excited. The concealer and cream shadow are actually not that small compared to their full sized counterparts and it was definitely worth the $10 to try out some of Benefit's products. It's ironic that I haven't tested the products out yet :/ I have a few open concealers I want to finish and I have a XL size of UDPP open.... Sometimes I feel like I get more excitement out of buying makeup rather than using it.... Do you ever get that feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I hated That Gal too but realized it looks like crap if you treat it like a regular primer and is much nicer if you put it the same place you would put a highlighter - I'm super fair though so it was just too pink to put all over my face!

    Best, Lisamarie

    ReplyDelete
  3. @angelicbb: I hope it works for you =)! Yeah I DEFINTELY feel the excitement of buying. as for using, well I've got enough makeup to last 2 lifetimes. lol

    @Lisamarie and Christelle: Thanks for the advice =) maybe I'll try it out. I'm more of a powder highlighter chick but sounds like a great way to put it to use!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails