Thursday, April 8, 2010

Essence Mini Haul w/ Swatches

I'm not sure if you guys remmeber or not, but I blogged about Essence being released at Ulta last month. The brand is dirt cheap so I finally decided to try it out. I ended up buying six eyeshadows

Top row: Eyeshadows ($1.99 each) in Love Talk, Pretty Funky, and Metropolitan
Bottom row: Colour and Shine Eyeshadows ($2.99 each) in Fabulous, Pretty Rockin', and Stage Beauty

Swatches: (In same order as above)


All of the regular eyeshadows have a shimmery sheen/sparkle to them. Love Talk is a pretty deep green color and is pretty pigmented. Pretty funky is kind of an olive color, and it SUCKS. It took me awhile just to swatch it because the pigmentation is so bad. In the pot it's such a pretty color, and is actually one of the prettiest. I don't see myself actually using it though, because the quality is so poor. Metropolitan, however, is the most pigmented and the smoothest out of the three. It's a really vibrant brown. It looks lighter in the pot than when swatched.

The Colour and Shine Eyeshadows are gorgeous. They're all baked and can be applied wet or dry. I haven't tried them wet yet because the pigmentation is great dry already. Fabulous is a brown-bronze color with copper shimmer. Pretty Rockin' is black with silver shimmer. And Stage Beauty is a pretty golden tan.

I highly recommend the baked shadows. As for the regular shadows, I feel like it's a hit or miss. In stores, however, they do have pull out testers so you can swatch the colors. If you can't get to a store, get them online at Ulta. HERE for the regular eyeshadows, and HERE for the baked ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails