Saturday, June 26, 2010

NARS' Sugarland, Is It That Sweet?


NARS, like MAC is one of my favorite brands. I've been getting into NARS' eyeshadows recently, so I picked up NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Sugarland ($32). I figured that a single was $21, so $32 for a duo is a GREAT deal. I failed to realize that with that price I could buy two MAC shadows. *Blush* .


Sugarland is described as a "glimmering apricot/ lavender pink with golden sheen". That's pretty much spot on. The "apricot" side is more of a pale pink/gold to me. Gorgeous none the less. I wear the apricot all over my lid and the lavender into the crease, which I assume is how the colors are meant to be worn. The effect is very soft and fairytale like. I like the shadows. I just wish the colors didn't powder all over the compact. Be careful!




The lavender side is very smooth and soft to the touch. Very easy to work with. However, I really really hate the texture of the goldy side. It's so CHUNKY. The particles are rough and it's a bit tougher to work with (still do-able however). Although the texture is harsh, the color is too pretty to pass up. Plus, I paid $32 for it, so  you bet I'll be using it =). All in all, I pretty good buy. I definitly recommend NARS shadows.


What's your favorite NARS duo?

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails