Monday, June 28, 2010

Getting Greasy With MAC's Greasepaint Sticks


I know, I'm a bit late in reviewing these. Well, maybe more than a BIT seeing as how greasepaint sticks came out with the Art Supplies collection. Anywho, I picked up MAC's Greasepaint Sticks in Dirty and Green Grease ($17.50 each). I was really curious to see what these were all about, and if they were as creamy/"greasy" as their names hinted.

I'm always up for products that will lend me a quick wash of color when I'm on the run (I.E. paint pots, shade sticks). I expected there to be more product, and I was also expecting larger sticks. The tube itself is the same size of a MAC shadestick, but offers LESS product. I'm a stickler when it comes to product amount, even though I know I'll probably NEVER finish off one of these sticks.The cool thing is that at the bottom end is a sharpener =).

Dirty and Green Grease 

Dirty is a taupe-brown color with iridescent shimmers. Green grease is a deep green black. Both colors are smooth and pigmented. You can use them to line or as an over base (which is what I do). I like them a lot better than shadesticks, because they're softer and pack a lot of creamy color. Also, I didn't experience any creasing with these. I wear them all over the lid, with just one eyeshadow on top blended to the crease. LOVE.

Have you tried the Greasepaint Sticks? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails