Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Fast Approaching Christmas

I've suffering from a huge case of blog guilt. I've been so inconsistent with posting =(

This winter break has been busy busy busy. Christmas is only FOUR days away! It's really hit me today, and I'm feeling very unprepared. I'm just not ready! I'm thinking I should postpone Christmas until next month.

JOKING. <3

I really need to switch into full gear and get all of my presents together and wrapped. Mental note: That's my goal for today. =( Laziness is kicking in.

This blog needs some more loving too. Thanks to all those who subscribed even though my posts have been scarce! I had some items ready for a Christmas/Holiday giveaway, but I didn't have time to take pictures and edit, and all that jazz. Would you guys mind if Christmas comes a bit late on my blog? I'm hoping to get the giveaway up and going soon, even though I wanted to announce the winter on Christmas. =/

Anywho, there's no sign of snow here or indications of a white Christmas, but I've learned to quit boo-hoo-ing about it.I can still dress like a fur trapper can't I?

This is actually an outfit from a few days ago, as I've decided to be a bum at home and "get things done". Scoff.
Me thinks I need to clean my mirror. >///<

Fur shawl: Foreignexchange.com
Olive anorak jacket: WetSeal
White off the shoulder tee: American Eagle
Black jeggings: Unknown =(
Suede over the knee boots: Colin Stuart (Victoria's Secret)
Black shoulder bag: Asos.com

Fur shawls are all the rage this season. Well, fur in general is. Everyone has the H&M version, but I couldn;t get my hands on one. Luckily, I found a site (foreignexchange.com) that sold them, AND they were 50% off at the time. Sadly, I couldn't find it on the site again. I ordered both colors, the tan/brown pictured, and a grey toned one. Although I love them, I find it very hard to keep them in place as I would like because the small clip underneath is relatively useless. I'll survive. I'm also wearing another cardigan but I figured I didn't need to mention it since you can't even see it.

I've been stuck in a bit of a rut with fashion this rainy, dull season. Neutrals, check. Boots, check. Dreary mood, check. I need to incorporate a bit of color in my life. It's hard when I dress to fit the mood and weather!

On another note, I've been having some hair (in)decisions. I'm planning on dying it lighter, but am caught between going to a hairdresser or doing my usual box color. I called Vanity Junkie to make an appointment for all over color today (my giftcard for $70 expires Christmas), but they're all booked up this week. So, that's a big waste of money. Oh well, I didn't like their overpriced and shoddy customer care anyways. I also have a strange fear of letting other people mess with my hair (hence the at-home box dyes). I'm thinking light brown or medium brown. Thoughts?

I'm really liking lovely Mila Kunis' hair here:

and this random girl's photo:

I'm afraid to go that light though, so I'm thinking those shades, just deeper.

Ok, seriously though, I'm going to be productive and wrap presents.

... or I'll just online shop.

4 comments:

  1. Cute shawl, lol. I don't think I can pull off any type of fur garment, though. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, the random girl is IU~ she's so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit is cute :) I really like the fur accent! I have problems getting myself out of neutral outfits consisting of the same tanks, cardigans, and jeans every week >.<

    I think brown hair would look good on you :) From my own experience, after a few weeks/months dye usually turns lighter so you might be able to see how light brown hair looks.

    Hope we'll see more posts from you soon! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute outfit! can't wait to see your new hair color =D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails