Saturday, October 9, 2010

September Favorites


I'm always a bit late with these Favorites posts aren't I? Well lucky for me, It's a gloomy Saturday and I decided to not go into work. THUS, finally some free time! I've been stuck in a rut routine for awhile, which has only gotten worse since school's started.

Urban Decay Eden Primer Potion: I've been using this everyday instead of the usual UDPP, probably because I think the formula is like 5X better. It's perfect for matte eyeshadows, and a little goes a long way. I must stress that last part, because if you use too much you'll have pale pastel yellow lids. Gross.
Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Zero: Not much to be said of one of everyone's all-time favorite liners. It glides easily, and doesn't tug. It's also very long lasting. I actually use this under my MAC fluidline in Blacktrack for extra staying power.
Loreal HIP eyeshadow duo in Shady: Perfect shadow combo when I don't have time to look though all my eyeshadows. The lighter shade goes all over the lid and the dark brown in the crease and the lower lashline. You know the drill.

MAC Gingerly blush: A perfect rusty peach shade. I've been trying to dip into my MAC blush stash for awhile because I feel so wasteful since I rarely wear blush. This applies to my cheeks very close to a peach bronzer for a nice warm look.
Benefit Hoola bronzer: I love matte bronzers but I don't own too many of them. I like Hoola because it looks very natural when I contour my cheeks, which is the only reason I use it. It's also a great shade, not too dark and not too light. The effect isn't muddy and looks great.
MAC Lustre drops in Sun Rush: I use this on top of my cheekbones for an extra glow. I use one drop for both cheeks, so I have barely even dipped into it! It's gonna last me forever and a day.

ELF Studio Powder brush: I've had this for awhile but never got around to using it. I know it gets many raves, and at first I didn't like using it as a foundation brush because the coverage was too heavy compared to using my stippling brushes. However, I've been reaching it for it everyday for awhile now. It applies foundation much quicker than my other brushes because it has alot more width and density. It also makes my foundation look flawless! Love.

On another note: 
Have you guys all seen "The Social Network" yet? 


If not, you HAVE to go watch it. I saw it opening night. My friend literally dragged me to watch it, and forced me to go half an hour early to get seats. There were literally ten people in the entire theater including us. However, I have to admit, I LOVED it. It's such an intelligent movie, not what I expected at all. AND, the acting was superb! I know some might find it boring because of the intensive dialogue, but it's brilliant, and I could listen to the banter for hours. The filming was also great. A lot different from the usual movies nowadays. I'm foreseeing some awards...

Happy Saturday!

5 comments:

  1. Great favs hun!!And I want to try hoola!!
    Hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, my friend and I are planning to see it after midterms! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoola has been my best friend for AT LEAST 3 years. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like my ELF Powder Brush for foundation, powder, blush, and bronzer! I don't use it everyday for everything but I like to switch it up :) But the ferule was loosening from the handle and I had to use nail glue to put it back together >.<

    Also, I'd thought I let you know I tagged you in the 4 things tag! Check my blog for more info :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. jenny, first time visiting your blog and i just wanted to tell you that you're very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails