Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Hawaiian Vacation (Photos)

I finally got around to getting the photos of my vacation from my boyfriend's laptop =). 

The plane ride to Hawaii was horrible. I have really bad sinuses I guess. My ears were hurting so bad due to the pressure of altitude change =(. I wore "Ear Planes" to control pressure, I took sudafed to open my sinuses, and I chewed gum going up and descending and I STILL had a rough time. My boyfriend, on the other hand, was completely fine. POO. By the time we landed, I was cranky and tired. We arrived at the hotel due to a shuttle that I had booked. It took me alonggg time to book a hotel prior to the trip. I kept looking for good deals, and didn't book until two days before. The hotel I wanted finally lowered priced since it was so close to the date =). I stayed at the Aqua Waikiki Pearl. I was really impressed with the hotel because it was clean, pretty spacious, and the staff was amazing. It was also located only two blocks from the beach. We went there EVERYDAY. People who spend their vacation in Hawaii at the hotel pool are plain weird.


My boyfriend likes to draw faces on his finger and takes photos of his "finger friend" in various scenery. Wack job. Our hotel was also near a place that sells Pineapple soft serve, which I believe isn't sold anywhere else but Disneyland. So good...

I'm on a boat! Parasailing was pretty fun but also a bit boring... Although it did combine my two fears: Heights and large bodies of water.

The beach is gorgeous. Only downside was that I stepped on a sea urchin and it poisoned me. I ended having to soak my feet in vinegar for three hours. My foot came out pickled and it smelled like vinegar for the next day. My boyfriend thought it was the funniest thing in the entire world. Too much information?

Yeah, I'm also the typical tourist. Coconuts, a sarong, and a lei (not pictured).

One of the best things Hawaii has to offer is shaved ice. NO. It is NOT a snow cone. It's the most amazing thing to enter into my life in the form of ice. I dream about it everyday. Pictured above is coconut, mango, and honeydew. The other picture is me on the front of a paddle board while my boyfriend rowed. I may look calm and serene, but I was having a meltdown a lot of the time. Again, I'm scared of large bodies of water. Did I mention a very ginormous sea turtle swam by me and scared the living daylights out of me? I'm informed they don't eat humans, but you never know...

There really are rainbows in Hawaii... I miss it so much =(. Can I be homesick for a place that's not home? I guess I'm vacation sick.

I also finished the last two books of the Hunger Games trilogy while I was there. Hurray for reading on a beach!

Most awesome things about Hawaii:
The beach
Shaved ice
A housekeeper that makes my bed
Coconut syrup for my french toast
Free sake at Morios
Everything (Excluding sea urchins and intense heat)

5 comments:

  1. Wow your trip looked awesome =) thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a blast :D
    Wow, I've never heard of someone stepping on a sea urchin but that must have sucked :/ Glad your foot's alright though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your foot, but it looks like you had an amazing time in Hawaii! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like your sunglass. pls tell me what is brand

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails