Thursday, October 21, 2010

BareEscentuals Buxom Babes Flower Girls: Pout like you just don't care.

I'm taking this oppurtunity while my internet is slowly working to finally do a new blog post. The internet at my house hasn't been working for almost a week now! =( GRRRR.

Awhile back, I finally tried my first Buxom lipglosses. Talk about living under a rock right? I recieved the BareEscentuals Buxom Babes Flower Girls mini lipgloss kit in the mail, and instantly fell in love. It's on sale at Sephora right now for $18 but I was lucky enough to snag it directly from Bare Escentuals for $9. The only reason I bought it was because it was dirt cheap, I didn't care too much for the glosses themselves.

 Each gloss is 2 ml each.The colors are Rosie, Lily, Iris, and Poppy

Dare I say I fell madly in love? All of the colors are excellent. Yes, even that Iris, the blue one(that's actually my favorite believe it or not). The formula is simply awesome. I'm not too fond of the sickenly sweet smell, but the minty tingle cooling effect that it leaves on my lips is great. I find that it does plump my lips, not a whole lot, but enough so I can see the difference. Although they are moisturizing, I make sure to apply lip balm before hand.And, aren't the names adorable? Flower girls... you gettttt it??? ;)

I'm sure you did.

Rosie is a really pretty light pink shade. Lily is a lilac-y pink. Iris is a cool blue. No, it does not leave your lips blue, it actually lightened the tone of my original lip color to a lighter pink. And Poppy is a pinky-coral. All very sheer wearable colors. Another upside? No shimmer of any sort. Now THAT'S what I like to see in my glosses (or lack of I mean).

Even though they're not available on the BareEscentuals site anymore, and it looks like they JUST sold out on Sephora.

But remember! It's that time of year again! Sephora Friends & Family just started, giving you a good 20% off the entire site with the code FF2010.

This post reminds me of a song.

You make me wanna POUT! Throw my hands up and POUT!

AY AY AY AY!

A little bit softer now!

 A little bit louder now!

OK. I lied. That's not how the song REALLY goes ;).

1 comment:

  1. I was debating if I should snag these up for F&F but I restrained myself and passed. I'm not much of a lippie person anyway. These look really cute though :D Loving the swatches and these remind me a lot of the Revlon glosses they released in the summer! I also find myself leaning towards creams instead of shimmer or glitter in my lip products. They look a lot more refined and natural :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails