1. Primer: Philosophy's The Present. There has always been a lot of speculation on whether primer is needed or not. I don't use them everyday, but If I'm out for a long time, it's a must. Primer does help keep your foundation on longer, that's their purpose after all. If you find the right primer, it can even make your foundation look better! After I apply The Present, I wait about five minutes for it to dry (if you don't wait, prepare for some gross looking foundation). After I apply my foundation, my skin looks amazing. Not airbrushed, but pretty darn close.
2. Foundation: NARS Sheer Glow. This was a tough category. I use a different foundation every day of the week, and it's so hard to narrow down which one I like the most. I went with Sheer Glow because the coverage is nice, and the formula doesn't look or feel heavy. I use the colors Stromboli and Punjab. Other foundations I was considering were Revlon's Colorstay, Diorskin Nude, and MAC StudioFix.
3. Tinted Moisturizer: Physician's Formula Healthywear. I prefer this over ALL my tinted moisturizers, including one by the popular Laura Mercier. This provides more coverage AND has an SPF of 50, which is darn close to amazing in my book. I always forget to put on sunscreen, so this solves my problem.I use the color Light to Natural.
4. Powder: MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural. Sometimes, tinted moisturizer can leave me looking sooo greasy, even though I naturally don't have oily skin. I switch powders regularly, depending on if I want extra coverage, etc. I like MAC's MSF the best because it does the simple job of making my face not shiny. Period. I use the color Medium Plus. It's a bit light, but the next color is Medium Dark, which is way too dark for me to powder with.
5. Concealer: Amazing Cosmetics concealer. To be honest, this is just the best out of my bunch of concealers, but I feel like I'm still not completely satisfied, and I don't know why. It's thick, so you just need a bit, and it covers up my undereye circle great. But... it still doesn't make me look FLAWLESS, ya know? I still really like this though.I use the color Medium Beige.
1. Blush: Rock and Republic Contrived. I am the proud owner of all 12 available colors. That's how much I like them. They're super pigmented, and super pretty to look at. These really will last me forever since I barely even use any product at one time. My current favorite color is All Nighter, which is a bright hot orange with a sheen. I use it lightly on my lips and it gives me a pretty coral glow.
2. Bronzer: NARS in Laguna. I was debating between this or Benefit's Hoola. I went with Laguna because it's more golden in tone, and I use it to make me look tanner, and I use Hoola more for contouring. Everyone lovesss Laguna, so I guess I don't have to explain it. It's simply a nice bronzer. ( > ε ~ )
3. Highlighter: Eyeko 3-in-1 cream. I've blogged about this before, and I still love it. The cream formula is very easy to apply. It has a golden glow, which I always find nicer than the silver ones. I use it on my cheek bones and down the bridge of my nose. PRETTTY.
4. Lipstick: NYX Round lipsticks. I'm still on the search of a lipstick formula that won't dry out my lips and glides on as nicely with as much pigmentation as my NYX ones. I like NYX because the colors are opaque and they are the least drying ones I have. My favorite colors are Honey and Circe, both nudes, and both have almost been used up...
5. Lipliner: Sephora Nano lipliners. I'm not a big lipliner person, and I only own a few. This is actually the first lipliner I've ever owned. I bought it after Lollipop26 raved about it and called it her HG a long time ago. I use the color Native Nude to OVERline my lips and sometimes to fill them in to tone down my natural lip color. Lately I haven't been filling them in because my lips have been really dry.
6&7. Lipgloss. Smashbox Lip Enhancing glosses and Rock and Republic. I couldn't pick just one, so I felt like I should mention both. I like the Smashbox ones because they're very pigmented, and I like the R&R ones because they make my lips look plump due to the glossiness, and they come in nice sheer colors. My favorite Smashbox ones are Pout and Sand, and my favorites in R&R are Muse and Vacant.
1. Eyeshadow Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes. GASP. Yes. I didn't say Urban Decay or Too Faced. No, I'm not going crazy. I really do like LORAC's the best. I feel like it makes my shadows the most vibrant, and the staying power is better too.
2. Pencil Eyeliner: MAC Pearlglide. I discovered this pretty late in the year, but OH EM GEE. It's the bee's knees. It glides soooo smoothly, like BUTTAH. The pigmentation is amazing, and it stays on forever! Nothing bad to say here! My favorite color is Black Swan, which came out with the Tartan Tale Holiday Collection.
3. Liquid Eyeliner: Loreal Lineur Intense. This is my favorite RIGHT NOW, because I ran out of my Stila one, which honestly stays a little better. But, I've used the Loreal one for a really long time and I still love it. It's easy to apply and gives dramatic color.
4. Gel/Cream Eyeliner: MAC's Fluidline in Blacktrack. DUH. This is the eyeliner I used to use all the time. I've gotten too lazy to whip out a brush lately, but it's still the best formula I've tried.
5. Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Highlighting Brow Palette. I use this every single day. It has three different colors you can mix to get the perfect color.
6. Mascara: Maybelline Full and Soft. This is my go to mascara. It gives me great looking lashes, volume and length, but keeps them soft at the same time. There's nothing I hate more than clumpy hard lashes!
7. Eyeshadow: MAC. I own tons of eyeshadow, and I like most of them, but nothing makes me happier than a MAC one. They come in tons of shades, and most of them are pigmented and smooth (it's hit or miss). My favorite color of all time is Cork.
1. Facial Cleanser: Philosophy's Purity. I use this to cleanse my face of makeup at the end of the day (or uhhh the next morning if I'm lazy). It takes my foundation off great and leaves me feeling clean.
2. Face Wash: Origins Checks and Balances. I've never had a face wash as silky as this one. You only need a little, and it lathers up to be a silk-like consistency on your face. The smell is a little hippie-ish, but the formula is amazing.
3. Moisturizer: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. I have Normal to Dry skin, and I use this every single morning before my primer or foundation. It gives me a smooth finish to work with and leaves my skin smooth and... errr... pliable?
4. Lip Treatment/Chapstick: Neosporin Overnight Renewal Therapy. I have really problematic, sensitive, lips. I'm forever trying out new lip products to achieve kissable soft lips. It's a long journey. I really enjoy this one because it's very hydrating. I actually use it during the day too. Oddly enough, it has the consistency of a thin face moisturizer.
5. Makeup Setting Spray: Makeup Forever Mist & Fix. This stuff really does what it claims. It certainly makes my makeup last longer than it would without spraying this first. I have to be careful to spray it quickly and from a far distance though, or the spray will be too thick.
6. Eye Makeup Remover: Talika Lash Conditioning Cleanser. I never ever use my facial cleanser to try to remove my makeup. It just doesn't work that way. I always wear eye makeup, be it full out, or just mascara. This stuff removes all that gunk like a dream, AND conditions my lashes at the same time.
1. Body Wash: Philosophy's Candy Cane. Smooth, Luxurious, Smells like Peppermint. HIT. The smell doesn't last long, and it very faint, but I love the way it smells when I'm taking a shower.
2. Gradual Self Tanner: Origins the Great Pretender. I like to use this to give me a healthy glow every once in a while. It smells really nice when you apply it, really minty and not at all like a self tanner. It does fade to a slight self tanner smell though. It's easy to apply and it's impossible to get streaks. The only downside is it has shimmer, so I like it best when I apply it and shower the next day.
3. Body Lotion: Victoria's Secret Pink Fresh & Clean. I don't use lotion very often, only during the summer to get rid of ashy legs/knees. The lotions I like best come from the Victoria Secret Pink lines, because of the nice scent. This one smells very lovely.
4. Self Tanner: Sun Labs. This is an instant self tanner. It doesn't make me orange, because of it's green undertone, and I'm left with a bronzey look. You have to be careful with it because you can get a bad case of self tanner hands. I'm too lazy to use a mitt or glove, so I just wash my hands after doing each "section" of my body. I own this self tanner in medium, dark, and very dark. I also own various versions of it, such as an overnight one.
5. Body Spray: Victoria's Secret Pink Fresh & Clean. I love this scent so so so muchhh. (Hence why I also use the lotion). I can't describe it, it really is fresh though.
6. Perfume: Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy. I love this so much. The strange thing is, it's totally not my type of scent. I stay away from florals, but this one just WORKS on me. Isn't it weird that fragrances smell different depending on who the person is? Oh, and I also adore the pretty bottle!
WHOO. Wow. I didn't know that would be so long. That took forever and a day. I hope I didn't bore you guys! Let me know what you think of these products, and feel free to ask questions!
Thanks for reading & I hope to post more soon. (School's been kicking the living daylights out of me!)